Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

My Parrot Tulip painting has been featured in a new treasury......

I guess I'm a bit addicted to tulips, no matter how many I've done, I find myself wanting more- I just can't get enough of them!  This was one of my first "serious" paintings from a couple of a years ago when I had just gotten back into painting as more than a hobby.  Because of this, it is especially near and dear to my heart.....

And, here's the treasury, created by Deb Gioia of Art and Old Lace.  It will be up until Sunday morning- please take a moment to check out all these talented artists from my VAST team Visual Artists Street Team)

Here's to hoping everyone has a great Friday!
Cheers,
Stephanie

6 comments:

JAN said...

congrats to you Stephanie sorry i havent posted a comment in a while..but i have been lurking and taking a look at all your posts..I am not surprised your addicted and your painting is lovely indeed..thats the beauty of having an obsessive artists eye..you NEVER take the beauty and miracle of nature for granted..that is the one thing i am so grateful for when i started my art was i bagan to see everything like it was brand new again....success to you and keep creating..jan

Healing Woman said...

Beautiful Stephanie. I'll bet you'll have great clusters of flowers all over your home and studio soon. I imagine you must grow tulips? How colorful it must all look, flowers everywhere reflected back from your wonderful paintings.

Luthien Thye said...

ahhhh!!! congrats on the feature my fren :)) your parrot tulip has such awesome colors!! and what a fabulously arty treasury!

Yvonne said...

Oh Stephanie, this is truly a gorgeous piece of art! Your pieces are eye candy for the eyes, for sure!

Maggie said...

Stephanie, I love that tulip painting. Parrot tulips are amazing! The treasury is beautiful ~ I'm off to look at it!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Zebra grass will grow in zones 4-9. You're not above zone 9 are you? It's really easy to care for (meaning almost no care lol, at least I don't do much for it and it seems to thrive). Here is a website with some info on it:
http://springhillnursery.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_02394

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your tulip painting is gorgeous. I can see why are simply the tulip queen. Parrot tulips are colorful in their own right.

Have a warm and safe weekend.