Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Birthday Ramblings and a Reminder....

Happy Friday, April the 30th! It's my birthday and while I usually tend to keep my blog on a less personal note- or as impersonal as art CAN be, I thought I'd "treat" you to a bit of birthday rambling and pondering......For me, as my birthday approaches each year, I find myself thinking over accomplishments- those accheived and things I'd hoped to do but somehow never got around to.

In looking back, I feel like I've done a LOT for someone my age......
I have:
  • been lucky enough to know that I wanted to be an artist at a very young age
  • been blessed with a loving family
  • managed to survive the death of my brother (who was also my best friend) when we were seniors in High School
  • I went to a college that I LOVED learning at and really learned about being an artist
  • met and married a wonderful man who also happens to be my best friend- even after 18 years!
  • have three wonderful- if challenging ;) children; Caroline- 16,  Emmie- 14, and Garrett- 10
  • had the joy of living in the Carribean for seven years
  • I was given the oppurtunity to design and teach the art program at my kid's school
  • Won "Teacher of the Year" my last year there
  • Been strong enough to help my children (and myself) readjust to "stateside" life while Bill traveled weekly for his job
  • Once again become a full time artist
  • Found Etsy and became active on it
  • Began blogging and through it found lots of lovely friends in Bloglandia
So you see, I feel that I've accomplished a lot in 42 years!  Of course there's been heartbreak along with the joy and lots of growing pains throughout the process- what life doesn't have this?  I feel very blessed in the knowlege that I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be- today, who knows where I'll be meant to be tomorrow?

Oh and speaking of tomorrow, don't forget to stop by Inspiration Avenue to LEARN YOUR LESSON at our "tutorial" blog party tomorrow and Sunday!
Have a great day, I know *I* plan to!
Cheers,
Stephanie

6 comments:

Healing Woman said...

Happy, happy birthday Stephanie!

You deserve to celebrate your accomplishments-they are many and marvelous. It was good to get a better picture of your life. All I can say is WOW!

Yvonne said...

Oh, Happy "B" Day Stephanie! It is really special to share personal information, I feel I know you a little better now. So happy I can count on you as one of my blog friends! Have a super day today, my friend!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Stephanie. Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself. It's always fun to learn more about your blog friends. Hope today is as special as you. And I'm hoping to make it to your blog party tomorrow, or at least on Sunday.

Again, Happy Birthday.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Stephanie!

peggy gatto said...

Say hey, Happy Birthday from me on Ca time!!!!
So looking forward to the blog party!!!!

Maggie said...

Happy, Happy Birthday to you Stephanie! I didn't realize it was your birthday ~ I think we have fallen down on the job of doing birthday posts lately at IA.

You are a Taurus like me ~ no wonder we seem to have a lot in common. One thing for sure is we are both crazy about gardens! And of course art.

I love your post about all of the milestones and accomplishments in your life. It's quite impressive when you write it all out, isn't it?