Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

what's UP in the studio- More Easter stuff and Works in Progress....


Here it is Thursday and I'm just now doing my "Whazzup" post.....ooops!  Bill and I have been working like crazy people in the garden and sadly, there just aren't enough hours in the day to do anything other than divide tasks and delegate levels of priority to them.  Since painting is REALLY important to me, it gets placed pretty high on the list.  However, I pretty much lost all last week to being sick and am now playing catch up- in the studio and in the garden, and in the house too, but really, is a clean house completely necessary?  Well I suppose it is when one is planning Easter dinner for 12 people the house should probably be clean or at least neat.....but I digress, and I'll get to the house in good time :) Right now, I need to finish my parrot tulip which has once again changed it's mind that it would rather be red than black......

And ever since Regi at Southern Ooaks  posted a tutorial on hand blown eggs decorated with German glass, I've been dying to do some.  I used to have a collection of eggs that my children had painted for me, and some that I'd done as well, but over the years they have been broken so it is now time to create some more!

Also, I ALMOST completed the weekly challenge at Inspiration Avenue last week, but just didn't make it in time....The theme was "opposites" and I was using complimentary colors to interpret it with.  I had actually meant this painting to be the insert for my new altered book, but while I like the colors of both book and art, I don't like them together........
So, I'll use the book base for this week's entry!  Since the Home Show is in three weeks, everything I do has to be something I can use in the show.  I've chosen to do one of my Joie de Vivre books using a print from one of my paintings- only the covers are done here- I still have to attach the print.  The theme this week is "I" and I haven't chosen a quote for the cover yet, but it will be something along the lines of "I believe I can fly" or Inspiration gives you wings......dunno yet, but it'll come to me I'm sure.  Actually, any ideas or suggestions would be hugely appreciated!
That's all for now- cheers!
Stephanie

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

I first saw the parrot tulip and thought OMG, this is soooooooooo beautiful, and then it just goes on and on. Your work is utterly amazing, Stephanie!

Healing Woman said...

This was such an interesting post. The tulip is divine with the red shading. I always love hearing about what is happening in the garden as well.

The energy spirit dancing over the water looks like she is so happy. Very good idea for book but I can't think offhand of a flying quote.

Happy Spring!

Cheryl

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'd say you accomplished a great deal this week. The tulip painting really caught my eye. You put so much detail into your paintings. They are gorgeous and I will never look at another tulip the same way again.

I'm really not good at naming pages. However, I would fly right to that page if I saw it in your AB.

You are so lucky to have garden help. I sure appreciate it when I get some.

Plumrose Lane said...

You know I love ALL your work but those have to be the prettiest eggs I've ever seen!
♥Sharon

LuLu Kellogg said...

Oh Stephanie, I love these eggs!

LuLu♥