Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

Art me in the Garden-

Since it's been a while since I last posted pictures of my garden, I thought I'd write a quick post with updates.....our first bluebird babies fledged on Mother's Day, which I thought was a wonderful unexpected gift!  And wouldn't you know it, the Daddy Bluebird was back on the house that same day strutting his stuff to start another brood!  I say, "GO big Blue, GO!" 
Right now, mostly what's blooming is the roses and foxgloves.  The last of my azaleas, called "Conversation Piece" started their show earlier this week, and the hydrageas are just starting to show some color.  The Bee Balm and Black & Blue Salvia are well on their way too.  In the veggie garden, we spied our first baby 'mater and bell peppers yesterday.  We also have beans, habeneros, squash, cucumbers and tons of herbs.  I'm feeling VERY bountiful!
So, here are a few pictures or your viewing pleasure.  I'll apologise in advance for the poor quality- Caroline borrowed my camera this week and I don't know what she did to the settings, but they're not nearly as sharp as usual- definitely NO paintings from this batch, lol!
My Annabelle hydrangea- I do have to admit that I prefer old fashioned flowers like this....


Bill built this arbor for my birthday present from my design for my birthday present (yes, I KNOW I'm SO lucky!) BTW; I found the windows that are built into the base on the side of the road- Gotta LOVE free antiques!


One of my foxgloves, I'm not sure why it bloomed such a pale pink- but Isure hope it re-seeds!


Conversation Piece Azaleas- BTW, that's a real window that I spray painted with Mirror Paint and Bill hung on the wall for me- the hay rack was last year's birthday pressie- yes, I know, lucky......


These roses are SO much more beautiful in real life- they are "Jude the Obscure" and the adirondack chair?  Another roadside find......:D  I picked it up because the seat was broken- I love using this kind of thing for supports.


Cinco de Mayo rosa and MORE Foxglove with Bee Balm marching along.  Did I mention that I have a kind of thing about Fogloves....?



Side path to my front garden, the lady banks rose is just finishing up...
I think that's enough for now, I know I get carried away when it comes to my garden, I can't help it!  I just want to cram as much in as I can......but now, I have to start working on my contribution to our family farm stand at the organic market- I do preserves, tartlets and cut flowers.  I've been canning strawberries ALL week, and let's just say that it'll be a while before I want to eat another one....
TTFN,
Stephanie

6 comments:

Pamela Hutchins said...

Absolutely gorgeous and inspirational!!! Thank you for sharing the pictures, as well as your beautiful painting.

Tara Dillard said...

Can't wait to see your garden & walk in your living art. Feel its scale in the sky, ground, walls. Experience the colors you've combined.

Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

STUNNING. You put me to shame. Real shame.

And YES, you are truly blessed and lucky. How fortunate to have that lovely new arch. You truly are a master gardener.

Yvonne said...

ohhhh, you have the most lovely flowers in your garden, Stephanie!

CathyH said...

Very lovely gardens! I love foxglove but never have any luck growing it

Charlie said...

Oh my gosh! Your garden is fabulous! You have every right to be proud. I'm so jealous. I would love to have a garden like this, but living in the heat and lack of consistent rain leaves me no choice. I do what I can. Keep the photos coming. I love it.