Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

what's UP in the studio- Altered Books and a New WIP...


Here are some of the altered books I finished for the show a couple of weeks ago.  I've managed to list most of them in my Etsy shop.....I'm slooowly getting back to a normal schedule!


I used my current favorite technique of tearing and collaging printed images from my paintings
And the quote I used reads; " 'Tis moonlight, summer moonlight all soft and still and fair, the solemn hour of midnight" by Emily Bronte.

again the collage technique; did I mention it's my current fave?  I also made a bookmark to go with......

I also enjoy doing pop-ups and here's a close up of the seed envelope opened....

For my new painting, that I'm sketching out today I chose to use this image of a peony and iris....
So that's about all that's going on with me.  Have a great day!
Cheers,
Stephanie

6 comments:

Priti Lisa said...

Hi Stephanie,
Wow,I just got done reading the banana foster'ish waffles post...guess who needs to go buy bananas...:)
You know I love your books, they are the BEST mother's day gift!
Oh, tile the table , girlfriend! It's not hard,
you don't have to finish it in one day...then you will be addicted to hoarding broken bits too!
xox

Unknown said...

Thanks for following me Stephanie :) I love your journals and peonies are my FAV flower!!!

Hugs!
Sandy

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

Hey Stephanie, I love your altered journals, especially the pop ups! And peonies are my #1 fav flowers so enjoyed seeing yours...ours are just starting to bud here in the mountains adn I can't wait for the flowers! I also want to let you know you are one of the winners in my blog giveaway! You won my altered bird mirror and if you go here http://www.shabbycottagestudio.com/store/WsContact.asp and give me yoru address, I'll get it out for you next week. Thanks so much for stopping by the blog and joining in the Birthday Bash!
Cheers
Gail

ChatElaine said...

What a beautiful peony, I love them too. Your journal and pop-up bookmark are looking fab! I am still trying to get round everyones blog party, I will catch up eventually too! Have a lovely day ♥ E

Yvonne said...

Whoa, you have been creating magic, Stephanie! GORGEOUS!

Charlie said...

I can't wait to see your latest painting of the peony. I'm sure it will be beautiful.
I received one of your note cards in the mail from Lisa. Your work is more beautiful in person. Just gorgeous!