Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Home Grown Decatur- A new Decatur gallery that I'm lucky enough to be part of!

Happy Sunday- I appologize for being away so much lately.  I've been burning the candle from both ends and there just hasn't been any time to blog as much as usual.  Anyway, I've recently been invited to join a gallery made up of a wonderful group of artists local to my area, called Homeown Decatur!  Opening day is on the 21st and I'm super excited!  Here's the link to their website for any who are interested: Home Grown Decatur.
It feels like I've been so blessed with many good things happening of late, I've really loved reconnecting with our community.  I also just sold one of my favorite paintings; "Green with Envy, Black and Blue with Salvia" I love it when my "babies" find their way into new homes.......:)
"Green with Envy, Black and Blue with Salvia"
I also managed to clock a few hours of work into my new painting- another zinnia.  Anyone wanna guess what my favorite flowers to paint are?  I'll try to get photos up tomorrow.  Anyway, that's about all for now.  I must be off to clean the house so the next week of craziness can begin......
Toodle-loo,
Stephanie

6 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What awesome news, Stephanie. Both for you and the community. It's so good when you find like minded artists, but to be invited to show in a gallery is over the top, as far as I'm concerned. Congrats So wonderful that you were able to sell one of your paintings, too. What an amazing week you've had.

Dianne said...

Congrats on the gallery invitation and selling the painting...I love that painting!

mermaiden said...

Good luck in your new endeavor!

Priti Lisa said...

Yay for you, girlfriend! You deserve everything!
It is so exciting for me to see you flourishing...and being appreciated.
Love to you!

Robin said...

I think Zinnias ore gorgeous...and your painting is fabulous..just started following your art blog..nice to meet you..!

Healing Woman said...

Your "Green with Envy" is fabulous. I also just loved the name. You really have been busy burning your candle at both ends..this is something I do too but I think it makes for an exciting life!