Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What's UP in the Studio- Makin' Progress

I am gradually reclaiming my studio time as there are less and less local fruits to choose from for jamming! Hooray, I've really missed painting. A LOT. Anyways, here's just a quick check in to show you where I am with my zinnia. I *think* I'll be done today or tomorrow (if I have time to paint after today.....I do still have 20 tarts to make for Saturday and I've now added pralines to my regime:))

Hope everyone has a wonderful hump day!
Stephanie

8 comments:

mermaiden said...

oh, that's terrific! i love the curling of the petals.

Victoria said...

Stephanie...this is ever so gorgeous..and powerful..I love the flower-pose..pretty cool! It feels very meditative and strong! Love it
Have a sparkling day!
PS: I hope you dont mind if i put you in the creative spotlight sometime soon!
Victoria~

artangel said...

Oh it's amazing! It's so full of light and colour! You're so talented Stephanie :)

Dianne said...

It's coming along beautifully... can't wait to see it finished. I will be trying my hand at painting flowers soon.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is turning into one stunning piece. Looks like it will be finished soon. Of course, the pralines and the tarts will probably have to come first. Have a super day after hump day because I'm so late getting here.

Priti Lisa said...

20 tarts!?! You are one crazy girl!
Pralines? I love them...can't even find them around here.
And the beloved Zinnia.
OMG! How do you get the leaves to curl so naturally???
Wait. Don't tell me.
Keep your magic to yourself...I couldn't do it if you told me :)
XoX

Cynthia Schelzig said...

What a wonderful piece...just gorgeous color!!!
Cynthia Schelzig

Maggie said...

Oooh, it's looking so good!!

I have many orange zinnias in my garden this summer. They are truly amazing and just keep blooming and blooming. I'm glad you are imortalizing this one! And the petals do curl just like that!