Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Celebrating the Artists Who Have Inspired me as a Blogger......Cheryl Dolby of The Healing Woman

Today I'm featuring Cheryl Dolby and her blog, Healing Woman. I met Cheryl during One World, One Heart last January and I am SO glad that I did. The most wonderful thing about OWOH isn't the oppurtunity to win some beautiful prizes (tho' that's pretty nice too :)) but the incredible people that you meet along the way! Cheryl describes her blog as; "An evolving collection of eclectic musings on food, people, purpose, and a life in art" and it really is! You never know quite what you'll find when you visit her, only that it will be wonderful regardless of what it is! For example, this morning when I was on my travels in Bloglandia, I saw that Cheryl had a new post on her Goddess Magic Creams.....really?

But that's exactly what they are- Magical Creams.....and that's exactly how Cheryl is, magical and always thinking and creating outside the box.  She is the kind of artist I aspire to be one day, always stiving to be more creative and in tune with her inner self.  Her art is present in every element of her life; from gardening, to cooking, upcycling found objects into her mixed media pieces and so much more.
                                                                    "Moon Woman Collage"
In Moon Woman, she has incorporated flowers from her garden into her painting using Encaustic Wax, a technique I've been dying to try ever since I saw this amazing piece!  I just love the way she takes what is already a wonderful piece and raises it to another level by adding in a textural element.
Gypsy Moon is another example of how Cheryl took what was already a beautiful painting to another level.  She created a mosaic using real pieces of cloth each handcut and separately attached and individually outlined to complete the effect.  She goes more into detail in her blog post.  That's another thing I love about Cheryl, is how generously she shares the process of her work with all the ups and downs.
Last but not least, I must share my new favorites of Cheryl's work; her angels.  Click HERE to read the story behind their creation, it makes then all the more wonderful!
I think I've written enough although I could happily go on and on and on........DO go take a look at Cheryl's blog, you'll leave feeling uplifted and inspired- I promise!
Stephanie

4 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was just at Cheryl's blog and came back to mine and saw your tribute to her art. She is truly an amazing artist and you have picked a great one today.

Priti Lisa said...

YaY! I am totally in love with Cheryl! You did an amazing write-up on her! She is a wonderful, generous spirit and a great friend.
Actually, I think I met Cheryl through you...
Have a great weekend, Stephanie :)

Victoria said...

I love her work..she is a super-creatrix!

Healing Woman said...

I'm blushing Stephanie. The tribute you gave to me was so very beautiful. You picked out a variety of pieces that I created and took them completely over the top in your very special descriptions of them.

You don't need to worry about becoming an artist like me-you already are. You are also an extremely creative writer.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Cheers and Hugs,
Cheryl
PS: I read all of your posts and made comments about the other artists you chose but only now am I commenting on the one to me. You see, I'm still blushing.