Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I feel like I've been missing in action.....!

Sorry it's been so long since I wrote anything. It's been crazy around here! My Mom and I host a home a Home Show twice a year and last week was our Fall show. So, while I've managed to poke my head in around other people's blogs and leave the occasional comment, I haven't had time to do anything on my own blog; not even Silent Sunday!
Right now, I'm trying to plan my entry for our new theme at Inspiration Avenue- Community and how it realates to food. Tough one! Plus, I need to get going on my new painting, so I'm trying to combine the two! AND, once again, I've got artist's block........
Here are a couple of pictures I took at the Atlanta Flower Show, that I'm thinking of trying to make work:

I'm not even sure how I can make this work with the theme, but I'm hoping once I get going with the painting I'll be more able to make it work. I think half my problem is that it's been a couple of weeks since my last painting, and I'm in some kind of withdrawal.....

Sorry for the bleccky mood.....

Hope everyone else is having a great day at least!

Stephanie

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Hi Stephanie, I was wondering where you were. I was gone all last week too, just posted today with something new :) I am in the holiday mood now.
Just go with the flow and your painting will come. The photos are beautiful, I love the statues :)

LuLu Kellogg said...

Glad to see you back Stephanie!

I love these photos...the bottom one is my fave!

Happy Monday!
LuLu~*xoxo

Victoria said...

Yay.. Hi Stephanie..glad to hear from you...lovely photos..they are inspiring and beautiful..I look forwrad to your newest creations!
Keep sparkling..
V~

Healing Woman said...

If that didn't strike a note with me! I showed my work at the Atlanta Flower Show for years. I loved it. I sold my planters there. It was always a big money maker for me and I had so much fun. Really miss that show. I'm wondering what kind of home shows you and your mom have twice a year. Do you show your paintings? What does she show? I know your family is heavily involved in flowers..love to hear more about it.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have missed you SO much. I even missed you for IA and Silent Sunday. Glad you are not sick. In about two months, I may take one of those breaks, too! I am thinking I need it.

Hope the inspiration comes to you this week. If you can make a painting before Sunday, you are HIRED!! I would never be able to work that fast.

Priti Lisa said...

Oh, I hear you girlfriend! It is hard to keep your head above water. Hard to blog, keep up with everyone else, your family's needs, and then, hopefully everyone else can leave your mind when you have a spot of time for creativity. I know my muse doesn't like to preform on demand...it takes an hour for her to appear...and by that time, my cluttered life comes rolling back in...I hear you, Stephanie. And I don't think it is artist's block...it's not enough time.
I dream of solitude...maybe a weekend by myself...I don't want to get away...I want everyone else to go...I want to stay here with my art supplies and a piece of Quiet.
Just say AMEN. I know you feel it too.

Anyway, your photography is rockin'...this is probably when photoshop would be fun (like Lisa W. does) Photoshop...another skill I can't find the time to learn. Poo.

I realize I am prolly not a good cheer-er-upper,
but sometimes it helps to know you aren't the only one wallowing.
Love and Huggins

Mila said...

Hi Stephanie and happy to hear you :))!
Do you have an artist's block? Impossible!
You are so great so...I can't wait to see one of your fantastic painting !
Have a creative and wonderful days!
Hugs,
Mila :)

Plumrose Lane said...

Well you sure have some gorgeous inspiration there and I've no doubt if anyone can turn them into a masterpiece, you can!
You know... I go to sleep every night seeing the beautiful painting you created, it hangs just above my night stand ~ love it!
♥Sharon