Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

The first of my little student's Halloween projects.......

I might have mentioned somewhere along the way how much I love Halloween.....Spring may be my favorite season, but all hallow's eve is my favorite holiday!  So, although I'm always thrilled that I'm teaching again, it's even more special to me right now 'cause I get to share the spooky fun with my little students!
We got a lot done this Thursday with the kid's practicing drawing favorite candies and then re-drawing them onto their good water color papers with the words of one of my favorite Halloween poems to go with....
"Trick or Treat,
Smell my Feet
Give me something 
GOOD to eat!"
yes, I know, an oldie but definitely a goodie ;)
Candy Corn and Gummies...mmmmm

Sloppy business this creating art!
 But oh so worth it!
So magical- white lettering with dark paint.....




Once they were done with their paintings, we had just enough time to do practice drawings of Jack o' Lanterns for our Pumpkin Totem Poles.... they'll consist of a stack of 4 pumpkins topped with assorted spooks and whatnot.....do check in next week to see!
Have a great weekend,
Stephanie
P.S. I'll be back in a bit with my PPF post- see, I'm early (for me at least ;)) this week!

4 comments:

Healing Woman said...

Your students are so cute! You know why we both love Halloween Stephanie? Cause we are either witches or kids at heart...or both.

Jo Murray said...

Lovely post... they are so cute.

Regina said...

OMGOSH...I love the paintings. What FUN!! Of course art is messy..that's what makes it FUN!!

I'm very excited to see the pumpkin totems..how awesome!!

Halloween is a favorite of mine too..of course being a October baby might have something to do with that..hehe!!

HUGS

Jaime Haney said...

they are soooo cute! oh how I wish I could be your art student ;) what fun! Every time I tell my son funny little sayings or poems like your trick or treat favorite, my son howls with laughter. I have a new audience with my old cracks ;)

I still just love the look of paint on my hands... it makes me feel like a real artist.

xx Jaime