Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Halloween Art Projects and Kindergarten Classes coming soon!

 When I plan what projects to do for each six week session, I start by figuring out 3 "big" projects that take more than one day to complete and create several "shorties" or small one day projects that relate to the larger pieces as well as being fun to do.
Halloween is one of my absolute favorite subjects to create projects for, probably because it's my favorite holiday!
Here's a little peek at one f the projects we'll will be doing in the next 6 weeks session:
This was one of my favorite projects I did at my school in St. Croix....each child's was a little different, but ALL were fantastic!
I also have planned to have them create Halloween totem poles, and Trick or Treater's silhouettes, a Halloween tree and much more. 
Just FYI, At this time, I have room for three more students in this class!

On a final note, I am so excited to announce that I'm adding a Kindergarten thru1st Grade Class! Here are some  examples of what I have planned for October classes:
"Five Little Pumpkins Sitting on a Gate"


"We've all Gone BATTY!"
"Autumn"

All I need to start these classes are at least two students and the day hasn't been settled yet- I'm open to Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays!

Some basic info for those of you who are considering classes: 
  • the next session of classes begins Sept 29
  • 90 Minute Classes ~ each lesson period begins and ends with sketchbook art which includes imagination prompts, preliminary work and "free art"
  • a variety of watercolor techniques explored
  • Strong emphasis placed on Color Theory
  • Each child will produce 3 Quality Art Projects plus a number of “one day” projects
  • Classes are $225 for a 6 weeks session (or $37.50 per week) payable in advance
  • Supplies are included in the fee
  • Classes are limited to 6 children per session
  • Each project is photographed and available on Artsonia for personalized keepsakes/ gifts
That's about it- please feel free to email me if you have any questions I haven't covered here.
Thanks,
Stephanie

No comments: