Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Lil' More Halloween with my Art Kids.......

We finished week 2 of  our Halloween projects, and the kids did great work as always!  Here are our Halloween Totem Poles!  The only guidelines I gave them were to create a stack of three Jack o' Lanterns topped with a spooky figure of their own choosing, color them carefully with oil pastels and and paint in a background- again in whatever color they chose.  
Some of the jacks were colored realistically and 
others were multi colored......

A tricky totem topped with a Mummy
 
 and Witches that fly.....
 I loved the background colors they chose- so vibrant!
For any of you who like The Wizard of Oz we'll be dropping some houses on witches next week.......so be sure to check back in!
TTFN,Stephanie

3 comments:

Priti Lisa said...

Nothing beats kid art...to be able to paint with that freedom...
I just read the post below. I didn't have the guts to join Amy's game. I was afraid I couldn't be creative enough. You did a beautiful job! With the story, the painting. Wow . You always amaze me.
I didn't know that about your brother.
I feel blessed not to have known that much heartache...
Love you!

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely work, I love to see how kids interpret and paint things, they are always so free and uninhibited. Valerie

Tracey FK said...

I spent years teaching art and I miss seeing wonderful work like this... my daughter is a teenager and has moved on to very different art and I miss this beautifully glorious messy bright stage!!! Thanks for the reminder... and thanks for the late include in the blog round up... it is easy to miss and I totally understand. Funny thing is that the other Tracey and I are really good friends and live down the road from each other so we are used to being mixed up a bit !! Thanks anyway Trace xx