Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

29 Faces TO 8 Degrees of Inspiration....

Remember this?
Well, I have to admit, that once I was finished with it, or at least as finished as I could ever be (!) I really didn't like it so much as a canvas!  BUT, I have a new round robin starting next week with a lot of my old Inspiration Avenue sisters- 8 of us to be exact!  So I've been thinking and thinking of a theme for my book...I knew I wanted it to have something to do with Inspiration since that's so much of what this group is about and as artists inspiration is important too....so I decided to call my book "8 Degrees of Inspiration".  I also knew that I wanted to do mine as a star book so I could have everyone's art displayed at the same time. So I ordered my paper and cut it down to size.  At that point, I just needed a cover to put it all together.....and THEN, I caught myself looking at my 29 Faces canvas and BAM it hit me- one of my major sources of Inspiration is Gustav Klimt.....I knew the canvas would be perfect....SO after recycling covers off an unloved, much abused book and managing only a couple burns from the glue gun....I now have two covers!  Plus a lot of scraps...hmm, maybe I'll use some of them for sign in tags?   I"ll definitely use them for something!
 So there you have it, the beginning of my new round robin.  I am not going to link this with Paint Party Friday because I had such a hard time visiting everyone last week.  Instead, this week, I"ll see if I can manage to catch up on my bloggity visits- I am waaaay behind!
x
Stephanie

12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Great idea stephanie, enjoy the round robbin! Hugs, Valerie

Jaime Haney said...

OMGosh you are so brave! But, I love that idea. If you're not completely happy with it as it is, then why not? I still can't believe you hacked it up! ;)

I've not done the PPF thing lately for the same reason. It has gotten so large, it is hard to visit everyone. Now with spring and gardening... well you know how it is.

I can't wait to see all these little masterpieces on projects.

xx Jaime

Netty said...

Such a good idea to utilise your fabulous work this way, but have to say I loved it in its original state as could envisage turning it around in different directions thus having 4 different views. But then what the hell do I know...........lol Happy PPF and enjoy the weekend, Annette x

Victoria said...

Wow...Totally gorgeous..i love your creations Stephanie..so very beautiful..deeply soulful and dreamy!! and wow..LOVe the post below too..magniifcent.that is stunning....all you do is fabulous..shine on..thanks for your inspiring spirit!
Hugs
victoria

An'Angelia Thompson said...

OMG! I'm horrified! I LOVED that canvas (but we artists always do what needs to be done! LOL) OK, having said that, I can't wait to see your book. Have a great weekend :o)

peggy gatto said...

Artists take chances to discover and this sounds brilliant!

Tracey FK said...

I love that slightly queasy feeling you get when you cut into a canvas... it is so deliciously naughty isn't it... these are just so perfect for covers and you are such a clever clever sod... and good job with the glue gun... mine was so dangerous, or perhaps I am just so hopeless with it, that Sinus has hidden it... maybe it is time for me to go a hunting for it...xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've never cut a canvas before. I have, however, taken collages apart and used parts of them. So I can appreciate what you did and applaud you on your gutsy move. I'm sure the other "sisters" will be thrilled, too!

Maggie said...

Stephanie!!! I had to go back and re-read your post to determine if you REALLY cut up your 29 faces canvas. I'm still not sure that you haven't cut up a print of it, but the comments before me seem to be saying that you did indeed! Brave woman!

I loved it as it was, but I can see how small sections of it would make stunning compositions.

I love the title of your round robin journal, it's perfect. I don't know what a star book is, but I am absolutely giddy that I'll be the first one to receive it in the mail!! I'm doing a happy dance!

Priti Lisa said...

Brave girl.
I LOVED that painting!
I can't wait to see this journal. I am guessing I don't know what a star book is either...when you first mentioned it, I thought it was a star-shaped box-book, but that doesn't sound right.
You are so flippin' creative and gutsy...a true artiste. ♥♥♥

Unknown said...

I love your 29 faces Klimt inspired image so much! It's wonderful to see it again! What a great idea to use it as journal covers, very fitting and perfect for the project.

denthe said...

OMG, you cut it up! I can't believe it! That must've taken some guts! I really liked the canvas as it was, but I must admit that I really like the covers too. Brave you!