Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Art Class- Enter the SQUIDS!

A few years ago, my son, Garrett won a series of squid hats at Six Flags and they are now mounted on each of his headboard posts- FUN!  Anyway, he loves peeking in art class and visiting from time to time.  Last week, he surprised them with his squids, which of course they had to try on and KEEP on for the remainder of of our class.  So the end result was some pretty fun and funny snaps from class...while they were drawing a foxglove from the garden.

To begin our Mother's Day project; we started with blind contour sketches in their art journals, 
then regular contour drawings- 
And then once they were confident that they had mastered 
this incredibly difficult subject; it was time to draw it again- large!



 Once they finished their drawings, we cut tracing paper for them to make a copy.  
We'll end up with two very beautiful finished pieces- one with my color specifications 
and one with their own!

Tomorrow when it's time for class, we'll transfer the tracings and then begin adding color...can't wait!
Have a wonderful day! 
Stephanie

9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Clever kiddies, their drawings are great! But I NEVER thought i would EVER see squids painting foxgloves!! What fun! Hugs, Valerie

Victoria said...

Hi Stephanie..Beautiful..i love when you share these gorgeous art class posts...so fun and exciting! Wow..mega-beautiful foxglove...totally magnificent!You are sooo lucky..spring hasn't even quite popped here yet!! Hope to see more of your blissful garden this year!
Happy creating
V~

Regina said...

^_^ Thank you for my smile and I must admit a giggle or two this morning. I LOVE the squid hats..to cute.

I'm very excited to see the color going on the kiddos drawings. So much FUN!!

Hugs,
Regi


Finally am able to get off the roller coaster of life and come visit...WHEW!!! LOL

Tracey FK said...

I must admit to never having seen a squid hat before and now I find myself plotting to get one so I can wear it in the pick up line at school... can you imagine how fun that would be... my daughter is at an exclusive girls college and they are all so uptight... a squid hat would loosen them up!!!! This would have made class so memorable for the lucky little sunshines and can't wait to hear how their work turns out...xx

Maggie said...

Oh, what fun! Your son is so generous to share his squid hats.

That is a fantabulous foxglove!! I planted one a few years ago that just did horribly. I've been afraid to plant another one ever since. Looking at this one makes me want to give it a try again :)

Unknown said...

Haha...I love kids! They are so fun and goofy and real. You must be such a fun teacher. That was fun of your son to pop in and share his prizes with the girls.
I can't wait to see the Foxgloves in color.
xo,
Tammy

Jaime Haney said...

I just bought a Foxglove today! Yours is ginormous! and gorgeous!

Wow, the drawings look great, those are some talented students there. I can't wait to see the finished project. You have amazing ideas!

xx Jaime

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The kids all look so serious, something I found hilarious, with those hats sitting on their heads. They are pretty good artists, too. A lot better at it than anything I could make!

Priti Lisa said...

I love the squid hats mirroring the foxglove blooms...my absolute favorite flower! And those hands in the last picture...still a touch of the baby she once was. Sweet!
♥♥♥