Pages

Friday, May 2, 2014

A Taste of Duy Huynh for Tammy's Dreamy Journal

So it's the end of the month, or actually a couple days past and Tammy's pages inspired by her artist of choice; Duy Huynh are ready to go!  He is a "new to me" artist, but what a joy to discover him and his amazing surreal style!  His backgrounds are made up of layer upon layer of glazed paints overlayed with wonderful, quirky paintings.  Far more illustrative than anything I've done in ages- which is ironic since that's what I majored in in college!
Anyway, here are my pages for Tammy....
I was a little scared of the glazing technique, so I came up with three designs to paint for her.
Duy Huynh uses a lot of circus imagery in his paintings, so I thought I'd do a little acrobatic scene:
And the for the back, I did a simple series of glazing in lime, yellow and white
 (I think I may be hooked on this technique!) 
and a quote from the Eurhythmics 


For my next page, I featured a lady painting in wings to fly with
And on the back, another glazed background with a C.S. Lewis quote:

For my last page, I did a lady holding a tree
and on the background more glazing and a note to Tammy.
So there you have it, my Duy Huynh pages for Tammy!
The next artist coming my way is Matisse a long time favorite of mine!
Can't wait!
xx
Stephanie

6 comments:

gma said...

These are wonderful. WOW! Looks like I have more research to do. Fantastic art Stephanie.

WrightStuff said...

Sweet dreams are indeed made of this! Wow, these are so beautiful and dreamy. What a standard you always set!

by the way, that Eurythmics song was the first single I ever bought!

Priti Lisa said...

You are amazing dot com!!!!
I am scared of this one...but it is always fun to try a new approach.
I am just blown away!
{You always do this to me}
♥ ♥ ♥

Kim Collister Studio said...

I agree with Lisa, these are truly amazing Stephanie, so much depth and if I didn't know better, I would think he did these paintings!
You totally nailed this one!
XO

Maggie said...

I love how you've captured the dreamy quality of his paintings. LOVE the girl on the hoop with the umbrella! Great job on all of your pages!

Kat W said...

Oh these are so gorgeous, I adore each of your paintings - they are dreamy fuel for the imagination. I love them. I can't wait to see these in reality when Tammy's journal comes to visit. This artist was a new one to me until Tammy chose him but I can see him becoming a favourite. Yet, I would rather have your interprtation - you've done such a beautiful job.

Hugs
Kat Xx